The primary school years are an important phase in your child’s education. Education research has clearly demonstrated the importance of building a solid foundation in order to maximize future academic success. At Heritage, primary classes (grades Pre-K through 2) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Early Literacy, Foundational Numeracy, and Character Development.
Kindergarten Class Supply List 2023-2024
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide. Below are supplies for this school year:
Remote Learning Supplies:
- 2 boxes of 24 crayons (Crayola brand only please)
- 1 box of 12 colored pencils – NO SHORT ONES (not 24)
- 1 box of WIDE-tip markers, primary colors (not fine line)
- 1 pair of pointed tip children's scissors
- 3 glue sticks
- 1 box of plastic forks or straws
- Backpack to hold lunchbox and folder (no wheels)
- Coins in Ziplock bag (20 pennies,10 dimes, 20 nickels,4 quarters)
- Velcro or slip-on shoes (For P.E. and indoor recess to be left at school)
- Headphones in a Ziplock bac (name on both bag and phones)
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
Please have all supplies on the first day of school.
Label all supplies and clothing with student’s name.
PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor.
Pencils are provided by the school.
Do not send additional items.
If purchasing a thermos for your child to have a hot lunch, please make sure it has a steam release.