The primary school years are an important phase in your child’s education. Education research has clearly demonstrated the importance of building a solid foundation in order to maximize future academic success. At Heritage, primary classes (grades Pre-K through 2) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Early Literacy, Foundational Numeracy, and Character Development.
Kindergarten Class Supply List 2019-2020
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide. Below are supplies for this school year:
- 2 boxes of 24 crayons (Crayola brand only please)
- 1 box of 12 colored pencils, sharpened-NO SHORT ONES
- 1 box of wide-tip markers, primary colors (not fine line)
- 1 pair of pointed tip children's scissors
- 1 container of Baby Wipes- NO DISINFECTANT wipes
- Coins in ziplock bag (20 pennies,10 dimes, 20 nickels,4 quarters)
- Velcro or slip-on shoes for P.E. and indoor recess (left at school)
- 1 box plastic spoons
- Simple headphones in a ziplock bag with name on both (if applies, use last years)
- 6 glue sticks
- 1 box of Kleenex
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
Label all supplies and clothing with student’s name.
All supplies needed 1st day of school.
PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor.
Do not send additional items. Pencils and pencil boxes are provided.