The primary school years are an important phase in your child’s education. Education research has clearly demonstrated the importance of building a solid foundation in order to maximize future academic success. At Heritage, primary classes (grades Pre-K through 2) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Early Literacy, Foundational Numeracy, and Character Development.
Kindergarten Supply List 2020-2021
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide. Below are supplies for this school year:
Remote Learning Supplies:
- 1 box of crayons
- Access to a computer or tablet for distance learning
- headphones as needed for quiet learning environment
- 1 bottle Elmer’s glue
- 1 pack of wide-tip markers
- 1 glue stick
- Small scissors (pointed tip)
- Dollar Store bin (large for folders/supplies)
- 1 whiteboard marker (fine line tip)
- 1 pencil sharpener
In School Supplies with Updates:
- 2 boxes of 24 crayons (Crayola brand only please)
- 1 box of 12 “twistables” colored pencils
- 1 box of wide-tip markers, primary colors (not fine line)
- 1 pair of pointed tip children's scissors
- 4 containers of disinfectant Clorox wipes
- Coins in ziplock bag (20 pennies)
- 5 glue sticks
- 1 pencil box
- 2 - 8 oz. bottles of hand sanitizer
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- Minimum of 2 washable cloth face masks
- Earthquake Kit (watch for list in future email)
- Water bottle
Label all supplies and clothing with student’s name.
All supplies needed 1st day of school.
PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor.
Do not send additional items. Pencils and pencil boxes are provided.