The primary school years are an important phase in your child’s education. Education research has clearly demonstrated the importance of building a solid foundation in order to maximize future academic success. At Heritage, primary classes (grades Pre-K through 2) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Early Literacy, Foundational Numeracy, and Character Development.
First Grade Class Supply Class List 2021-2022
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide.
- 1 pkg. Crayola brand “twistable” colored pencils (18)
- 1 Box Crayola brand “twistable” crayons (24)
- 2 white board markers for personal white boards (boards provided by teacher)
- 24 #2 pencils (please only purchase Ticonderoga or Dixon brands)
- 1 large pink eraser
- 1 pair pointy scissors
- 1 pocket folder
- 6 glue sticks
- 1 box of plastic spoons
- School pencil box: maximum size 9x6
- 3 pkgs. (70 or so count ea.) disinfecting wipes
- Ruler with inches and centimeters
- Spiral drawing tablet, no lines if possible
- 1 reusable water bottle
- Book bag or backpack – NO WHEELS PLEASE
- $25– For: Flash cards ($18) which will be used in 2nd grade too, and student magazine ($7) (PLEASE MAKE CHECKS OUT TO MRS. BRANNON)
- headphones for computer class (simple and inexpensive-will remain at school)
- Tennis/athletic shoes to be left at school for PE (Velcro or slip-ons recommended)
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
Label all supplies and clothing with student’s name.
All supplies needed 1st day of school.
PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor.