The primary school years are an important phase in your child’s education. Education research has clearly demonstrated the importance of building a solid foundation in order to maximize future academic success. At Heritage, primary classes (grades Pre-K through 2) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Early Literacy, Foundational Numeracy, and Character Development.
First Grade Class Supply Class List 2023-2024
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide.
- 1 pkg. Crayola brand “twistable” colored pencils (18)
- 1 Box Crayola brand “twistable” crayons (24)
- 2 whiteboard markers for personal whiteboards (boards provided by teacher)
- 24 #2 pencils (please only purchase Ticonderoga or Dixon brands)
- 1 large pink eraser
- 1 pair of pointy scissors
- 1 pocket folder
- 6 glue sticks
- School pencil box: maximum size 9x6
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 2 pkg (70 or so count ea.) disinfecting wipes
- Ruler with inches and centimeters
- Spiral drawing tablet, no lines if possible
- 1 reusable water bottle – maximum 24 oz.
- Book bag or backpack – NO WHEELS PLEASE
- $26 – For flash cards ($18) which will be used in 2nd grade too and student magazine ($8) (PLEASE MAKE CHECKS OUT TO MRS. BRANNON)
- headphones for computer class (simple and inexpensive-will remain at school)
- Tennis/athletic shoes to be left at school for PE (Velcro or slip-ons recommended)
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
Label all supplies and clothing with the student’s name.
All supplies needed on the 1st day of school.
PE Shoes need to have soles that will not mark the gym floor.