The primary school years are an important phase in your child’s education. Education research has clearly demonstrated the importance of building a solid foundation in order to maximize future academic success. At Heritage, primary classes (grades Pre-K through 2) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Early Literacy, Foundational Numeracy, and Character Development.
Second Grade Class Supply List 2021-2022
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide.
Below are supplies for this school year:
- Bible – New King James Version only, please
- 24 #2 pencils (already sharpened, no mechanical pencils)
- 1 Box crayons 24 count (twistables recommended)
- 1 Box Colored pencils 18 count (twistables recommended)
- 1 pocket folder
- 8 glue sticks
- Handheld pencil sharpener
- 1 Pink eraser
- School box (9x6 size, no larger please)
- Ruler with inches and centimeters
- 4 white board markers (personal white board will be provided)
- 2 pkgs. Blank WHITE 3x5 cards
- 1 Large box Kleenex
- 2 packages baby wipes
- 1 container disinfecting wipes
- $15 – For: Class projects and student magazine (PLEASE MAKE CHECKS OUT TO JENNIFER DORLAND)
- Book Bag or Backpack (No wheels, please)
- Tennis/athletic shoes (preferably not lace shoes)
- headphones for computer class (simple/inexpensive-will remain at school)
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
Please label all supplies and clothing with student’s name.
All supplies needed 1st day of school.
PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor