The primary school years are an important phase in your child’s education. Education research has clearly demonstrated the importance of building a solid foundation in order to maximize future academic success. At Heritage, primary classes (grades Pre-K through 2) are geared towards establishing three main aspects of education:
Early Literacy, Foundational Numeracy, and Character Development.
Second Grade Class Supply List 2023-2024
Like all schools, Heritage provides many of the supplies students will need day-to-day and throughout the year. From textbooks to art supplies to handouts, the school’s resources provide necessary curricular materials. However, at the start of the year, basic individual supplies — from pencils/pens to college-ruled paper to erasers — are the responsibility of the families to provide.
Below are supplies for this school year:
- Bible – New King James Version only, please
- 24 #2 pencils (already sharpened, no mechanical pencils)
- 1 Box Crayola crayons- 24 count
- 1 Box Crayola colored pencils- 24 count
- 1 pocket folder
- 6-8 glue sticks
- Handheld pencil sharpener
- 1 Pink eraser
- School box (9x6 size, no larger please)
- Ruler with inches and centimeters
- 4 white board markers (replace as needed)
- 2 pkgs. Blank WHITE 3x5 cards
- 1 Large box Kleenex
- 2 packages baby wipes
- Choose one: ziplocks (any size), drinking straws, or napkins
- $15 – For: Class projects and student magazine (cash or check made out to JENNIFER DORLAND)
- Tennis/athletic shoes (preferably not lace shoes)
- headphones for computer class (simple/inexpensive-will remain at school)
- Earthquake Kit (see attached form)
Label all supplies and clothing with student’s name.
All supplies needed 1st day of school.
PE Shoes need soles that will not mark gym floor.